As previously reported, the CAA has secured EUR4.3m of EU funding to distribute by way of a 20% rebate against eligible purchases of 8.33 kHz equipment in order to help pilots and owners as the law changes on 1 January 2018.
The CAA has recently written to aircraft owners noting that while many owners will have already applied for the EU 8.33 kHz equipage rebate, and many will also have already received the money, it is important that the message about available funding reaches all pilots that may be eligible for the rebate before funding closes on 31 December 2017.
- Any UK-registered aircraft with MTOM 13,999 kg or less are eligible, including non-EASA gliders; commercial; training schools; privately owned; etc. …
- Includes handheld users (UK transportable radio licence)
- Eligible (back dated) from 16 February 2016 through to 31 December 2017
- Comms, Nav/Comms, Comms Systems, handhelds all included
- Claims can be submitted after purchase, and do not need to wait until equipment is installed
The CAA still has plenty of funding available. Please visit the CAA’s 8.33 kHz radio web page.
CAP 1501 describes the eligibility criteria and how to submit an online claim form.