Club Innovation Sharing and Best Practice Awards
Why re-invent the wheel? Clubs are often willing to share and help each other with ideas and mutual support. The club innovation and best practice awards scheme aims to support that process and to bring your ideas to the attention of other clubs that may not otherwise be aware of them.
You can contribute ideas that have been practiced and tested at your club, which you think are capable of being adapted for the benefit of members at other BGA clubs. Ideas may be anything – small or large – the main criterion is that you should feel that introducing the idea has had a significant and positive impact on your club’s operations.
We are looking for innovative and effective ideas in any aspect of club management and operations, for example:
- Membership recruitment
- Membership retention
- Project finance
- Other financial management
- Design of buildings & facilities
- Operational safety
- Operational efficiency
- Site protection & safeguarding
- Noise limitation and control
- Diversification of income
- Environmental schemes
- Site supervision
- Advanced training & coaching
- Community benefit
- Local PR and community liaison
- Volunteer management
- Use of technology
- Sport development
- Activities for specific groups
- Club administration systems
Please use this form to share details of your innovation – and to be considered for the Best Practice Award!
Best Practice Award
The BGA is offering an annual award for the idea judged to be the best in any year. Minimum criteria are:
- Innovative – ideas must have either something completely new, or apply existing ideas or methods in a new way.
- Effective – must have been in use for a sufficient period of time for measurable benefits to be identified.
Evidence of other clubs already adopting/borrowing the idea will be seen as a positive factor in assessing the concept. Advice or observations from relevant experts in specific areas may be sought.
The award offered will be a free place at BGA Assistant instructor course and will be presented at the annual BGA Club Management Conference.