Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate Application
HOW TO OBTAIN A DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE (DBS) CERTIFICATE
1. You need to ask your club Child Protection Lead to obtain an application form or to arrange an online application.
- Details are available on the gov.uk website (see below). There is a selection of providers offered here.
- You should apply for an ENHANCED check.
- Evidence of the individual’s identity will be required, for example a photo ID such as a valid passport or photo driving licence, as well as a bank statement (no older than 3 months) or Council Tax bill or utility bill which will need to include the individual’s name and address.
2. Please ensure that the completed application is submitted correctly.
3. On receipt of the DBS certificate, the certificate holder should show the DBS certificate to the club Child Protection Officer,who will complete the process.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com